[X2go-dev] Desktop sharing

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Sun May 16 16:27:55 CEST 2010

Hello Jo-Erlend,

Am 15.05.2010 14:45, schrieb Jo-Erlend Schinstad:

> Could you elaborate a bit on the Firefox plugin? Will it be something
> like Nomachines NX Web Companion that enables you to download and
> install a userspace NX client and use it directly from the web? Will
> this plugin work on all platforms?

The x2goplugin is an firefox plugin and uses the xpi (firefox addon)
installation routine. It makes it possible to embedd x2go session into
websites itself or to show them outside the browser in an own window.
Sessions can be resized - even inside the website - for example inside a
resizeable <div></div>
It is executed in userspace. All components will be inside the
extensions directory. It will be listed as add on and can easily be removed.
It'll be available for windows 32 and linux 64 and 32 bit. I don't know
at the moment if the macOS version will be possible - maybe as a reduced
version (no pulseaudio, no website embedding,...)
The configuration can be delivered via the webserver (as an *.x2go file)
and every feature of x2go is supported (bidirectional audio, sshfs,
x2goprint,...).
We'll provide a *.js file which can ask the user to install the plugin.
As it is at the moment not possible to host the plugin (only add ons)on
the mozilla site, we'll make it accessible on our site.

I hope this will help - feel free to ask again.

best regards,

Heinz