[X2go-dev] Fullscreen mode in Windows not working

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Mar 22 19:06:39 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 07:37 -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 19:53 -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Hello, all.  I've been testing X2Goclient 3.0.1-4 for Windows on two
> > separate computers running WindowsXP.  I'm seeing the same problem on
> > both.  I set the session mode to full screen and yet the session opens
> > to some less than full screen geometry with Window decorations.  I have
> > ensured the old sessions were not running so it was not inheriting old
> > geometry.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks - John
> <snip>
> Hello, all.  Any further word on this issue? Thanks - John
<snip>
When testing the Mac client, I noticed I had to set the Mac X server to
run a root window in order to get true full screen.  Is there some
similar setting for Xming? I thought I recalled seeing something in
previous X2Go clients but I have not yet found where the call to Xming
is configured in 3.0.1-4.

I wonder if this is related to the clipboard problem, i.e., perhaps
Xming is not being invoked with the clipboard and fullscreen options.
Thanks - John