[X2go-dev] cups-x2go for multiple X2Go Servers

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue Mar 9 10:10:38 CET 2010

Hello, all.  I'm stumbling through how to have a central cups server
provide cups-x2go printing for multiple X2Go Servers.  It seems the
cups-x2go backend looks to the cups-x2go.conf file to specify the X2Go
Server and only accommodates a single server.  We want it to service
hundreds or more.

I see that the cups-x2go backend takes "cups-x2go job-id user title
copies options [file]" as arguments.  My current endeavor is to query
the sessions database for the user to find the server but that presents
the problem of when a user may have sessions on multiple servers.  Is
there any way to pass (even by hacking the code) the hostname of the
originating X2Go Server as an argument? That would eliminate the need
for the database call and make it more foolproof.  Thanks - John

PS - it looks like I've been able to move the x2gocleansessions
processing to a central process for cleaning up hundreds of X2GoServers
in a VServer 1-to-1 environment.  As soon as I steer clear, I'll post
the patches and documentation - John