[X2go-dev] BUG: bash login shell required ...

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Mar 4 20:36:00 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 12:04 +0000, armin wrote:
> the session management will fail if you connect to a X2Go server and your
> default login shell deviates from a BASH.
> reason: any client tries to export the host environment variable before it
> starts x2glistsession. export only works for BASH and not e.g. for  tcsh.
>
> if someone is responding to that bug-report i can offer a workaround ..
> (i just want to find out if someone is interested in ;)
<snip>
We've noticed the same for Ubuntu with its default dash shell.  I'm not
sure if the export was the only reason or if there were some other
parsing bash functions that were not working in dash.  Perhaps that's
another reason why X2Go is focusing its development resources on Lenny.
Of course, not all Lenny's will be running bash ;) - John