[X2go-dev] Cannot enable fullscreen on Windows 7

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jun 28 13:44:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 06:57 +0200, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> I have x2goserver-home setup and working properly on an Ubuntu host
> and using Ubuntu guests. However, when I connect to the server using a
> Windows 7 client, I cannot enable fullscreen. I configure the session
> to use full screen in the client, but still the client shows up using
> the metrics and not fullscreen.
>
> Is this a common issue, and how do I solve it?
Looking at the source, it looks like the parameters are hard coded for
the Windows client and do include neither --fullscreen nor --clipboard.
I started to play with changing them but immediately hit a compilation
issue with an assert failure about timer events outside the main thread
and have not had time to troubleshoot it.

Both features are fairly important to us.  Will this be changed in the
imminent new version? - John