[X2go-dev] new to the list, offering support

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat Jun 26 18:36:33 CEST 2010

Mike Gabriel schreef:
> Dear Heinz, dear Alex,
>
> On Sa 26 Jun 2010 13:52:04 CEST "Heinz-M. Graesing" wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul - hello *@x2go-dev,

>>> The new version is ready, but the packaging is not. I expect the
>>> packaging will be ready very soon.
>
> Will it be an option to host ubuntunized packages of x2go on launchpad.net?
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

We would like it if somebody would do Ubuntu packaging, testing and
documenting. At the moment only Debian is really good supported.

> (i.e. using their build infrastructure...)
>
> There is also a discussion on an debianized launchpad support by
> canonical...
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/188564

In my opinion packages should come in Debian, and flow to Ubuntu. 70% of
the packages in Ubuntu are copies from Debian, so Ubuntu will stay
compatible with Debian.

But if it's the other way arround: not automatically. Debian is not
compatible with Ubuntu.

> A further option I would like to offer is setting up the launchpad
> software (it's opensource) on one of my sites and offering i386 and
> amd64 build infrastructure.

I expect Heinz and Alex prefer working on the Debian commandline ;-)

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/