[X2go-dev] screen saver extension

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Jun 21 14:38:09 CEST 2010

rf at q-leap.de schreef:

> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks for continued interest.
>
>     Paul> Hello Roland, I asked some questions, you did not answer
>     Paul> them. Maybe you can tell a bit more about your problem.
>
> in my reply a couple of weeks ago, I wrote (see also below):
>
> "I know, some screensavers don't use the X11 screen saver
>  extension. But I need the program xprintidle to work which requires
>  this extension (see Ubuntu/Debian package xprintidle)."

Sorry, maybe I've missed this message.

> If you start the program xprintidle, you get the message:
>
> $ xprintidle
> screen saver extension not supported
>
> I need this program to work, because it will tell me the amount of X11 idle
> time from which I trigger some actions for other programs when a certain
> amount of idle time has passed.
>
> So the fact that some screensavers work, unfortunately doesn't help,
> since these obviously are programmed without needing the "X11 screen
> saver extension".
>
> All this comes back to the final question: Is it possible to activate
> the extension (or other X11 extensions), and if yes how?

Sorry, I don't know.

X2go is using the NX libraries from Nomachine. These libraries have a
complete (changed) embedded copy of Xorg inside, maybe without the X11
extention. I know you can change some things on it, e.g. with shortcuts:
http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172
But I think some things are possible with arguments too.

I would search the site of Nomachine to find more information about it:
http://www.nomachine.com/support.php
Not sure you will find...

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.