[X2go-dev] Firefox plugin

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jun 21 12:32:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 05:58 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 02:06 +0200, Guillaume LUDWIG wrote:
> > Le lundi 21 juin 2010 01:17:42, cougarmaster a écrit :
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >    Where is the firefox plugin? I can't seem to find it. Can someone post
> > > the site to download the latest version, it seems I am missing a lot of
> > > fun. :(
> >
> > It doesn't seem to be released. I found it here : http://plugin.x2go.org
> >
> > You have to copy the html page and the files (css, js and server.x2go).
> > It works fine, with sound etc.
> <snip>
> It has worked very well for us, too.  We've tried it on a couple of
> dozen systems.  The major problem we have had is that on roughly one
> third of them, the plugin installs but then displays
> <--x2goplugin //--> (the contents of the object tag) instead of the
> plugin.  Javascript is enabled on these systems.  Any idea what would
> cause that? Thanks - John
I finally took some time to explore the <obejct> tag syntax.  It would
appear that it does not require any content between the opening and
closing tags.  Would I be correct to assume the <-- x2goplugin //--> was
intended to be a comment and has a typo, i.e., it should be <!--
x2goplugin //-->? When we change it, the plugin still appears to work
but I thought I had better check with those who know more than I do.
Thanks - John