[X2go-dev] Ubuntu 10.04

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jun 8 11:56:18 CEST 2010

Heinz-M. Graesing schreef:
> Am 07.06.2010 18:26, schrieb Heinz-M. Graesing:
>> Hello Cougarmaster,
>>

>> We do have a request for "intelligent media transportation" development.
>> We do have an exact plan to integrate this, but what I don't know is, if
>> the customer will pay for it. A further question is, wether the result
>> can be released as part of x2go, because the code will go to the owner.
>> Maybe there will be a possibility to develop this part as a sponsored
>> feature too.
>
> This is a comment on my own mail:
>
> A bad thing about the communication with "x2go" (now) is, that really a
> huge number of people are using the contact form to contact us. So a lot
> of criticism and requests are not posted in public. So I post now the
> most sent topics to us:
>
> 387 times: NX Compatibility needed

Really?  I like the x2go-way.

But maybe a problem is code-duplication. E.g. Debian would not like a
nx-libarary and a changed-nx-library. But I think it's possible to find
a way (but it's complex).

> 276 times: x2goserver running on windows (PLEASE!!!)
> 263 times: "ubuntu"

When X2go would be official in Debian, it would be automatically in
Ubuntu too. I think that's the right way.
And if somebody wants to do it earlier: would be real fine.

> 104 times: USB Forward

Would be nice

> 101 times: Display sharing

That's what I want ;-)
> 99 times: Multimedia Support

Would be really nice, but maybe not easy.

> 98 times: Ajax/PHP Client

I don't think it's possible.

> 90 times: PHP Administration Interface

Would be nice ;-)

> 67 times: Translation

Important...

> I've created the list by searching for content inside the Subject line.
> So this is not a 100% accurate List but it shows us a bit, what
> x2gousers are thinking about.
>
> And we'll try to work on the items on the list, which can be "really"
> done. And "multimedia support" is one of the wishes we really wan't to
> work on.
>
> The nice thing about "sponsored development" is, that the result can go
> back to the project and everybody can use it. And of cause it helps us
> to buy some things we need for the development and representation like
> on the Linuxtag.
>
> So if there is the chance to develop a feature and to get some help, we
> try to do so.
>
> To get back to the topic "communication": We consider to close the Form
> or to write some lines to invite the people to write to the list.

Good idea. Answering private mail is nice, but too much work for a
bigger project.

> And we really think it will help us, when the x2go-community site is up
> and running (good luck Tobias!!!). Maybe somebody can help him with his
> typo3 issue!?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--