[X2go-dev] Forum

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jun 8 11:05:33 CEST 2010

das.t schreef:
> because the demand is there and because i want to support x2go. this list
> is great, but something that we advanced users sometimes do not think of
> is that mailinglists are a barrier for some people. i experience this in
> my every day life: my trainees just do not use them.

Because of that, there is a nice forum-interface:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel
Link to it, call it "forum", and it will work fine.

> so i believe a forum could catch many users who otherwise would contact
> heinz directly and therefore keep him busy.

Removing the contact-form wil help a lot ;-)
Or call it "consultancy" or "commercial support".

> not to let any misunderstandings arise: this mailing list is great, solves
> a lot of problems. but i think a forum could help, too. even with gmane,
> which i certainly do know and use.
> i guess we will have to accept that some people are different and
> therefore use different tools.

You can reach the list now on many ways. If you would like to make
something else, I think it needs to be reachable on many ways too.

Fragmentation is most of the time not a good idea.

A forum needs a subscribtion (or you get spam), that's a big barrier
too. And do we need such very unexperienced users at the moment?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/