[X2go-dev] Windows client crashing on WinXP

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Jul 31 11:44:38 CEST 2010

Hi Jo,

On Mi 28 Jul 2010 19:04:16 CEST M0E Lnx wrote:

> I just found out about the project and I've setup the server on a
> debian lenny install @ home.
> grabbed the windows client (Version 3.01-4) to connect from my windows
> XP install @ work, and the client crashes before it even asks to
> authenticate the server key.
>
> Been trying different things for a while now, with no results.
> First a message pops up saying the connection timed out. When I click
> the OK button or after a few seconds, the windows "program crashed"
> dialog shows up and terminates the application.

Does your session appear at all? Does the session window with the
,,X2GO'' banner appear on your winbox?

Does it also happen with printing and pulseaudio disabled in the
client session?

Does this also happen with the Windows Firewall (or other Endpoint
Security Product) disabled?

If you have a port scanning utility on both endpoints (like nmap) you
could check your ssh connection and the reversely built up SSH tunnels
for pulseaudio, local folder sharing and x2goclient's print
functionality.

Best,

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de