[X2go-dev] Bouncing firefox plugin

contact at gmli.fr contact at gmli.fr
Mon Jul 26 13:27:46 CEST 2010

Quoting "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com>:

> We have had some complaints from clients in the last few days where they
> have installed a fresh copy of firefox and then the latest plugin and
> the login screen bounces up and down unusably.  That is, the blue login
> area drops below the black background and then back up again.

I've already seen this, on a vista 15" laptop. But I can't verify right now.

> There is apparently some known issue with the latest Firefox on sub-10"
> screens where this is a problem with Firefox.  However, one client has
> experienced it on two normal sized laptops and we've not heard about the
> Firefox problem affecting those.

 From my side :

On my Dell mini9 with Ubuntu x2go doesn't work, the window appears but
isn't refreshed.

On a 17" laptop running windows 7 the session crash really often, it's
totally unusable.

And as already said, on a 15" laptop the blue screen go down. But in
my case, it doesn't bump, just go down and stay here. And if we start
the session, the session itself go down.

I don't know how to avoid this, but perhaps you can use ssh-key ?

gml