[X2go-dev] x2go embedded doesn't fit screen

contact at gmli.fr contact at gmli.fr
Sun Jul 25 19:47:13 CEST 2010

Quoting Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:

> The only thing I can think of is that gedit is starting up
> "fullscreen".  Have you ever tried starting gedit when in full
> desktop mode?  I would try that and then size it and then retry
> using rootless.

To embed gedit in the web page, I must use rootless=false.

I've tried what you've proposed, but it doesn't worked.

 From John :
> Is it safe to assume that you have detached the plugin window from the
> browser and then maximized it? - John

If I detach the window, I get the exact same thing, but detached.

I wonder if embed or not really depends of rootless value.
Either i set "start session embedded inside website" or not, I get the
same result.
When I set rootless=true, the screen is detached, and rootless=false,
the screen is attached.

But, are "embed" and "rootless" the same thing ?

Actually, the result I expect is :
- try rootless=false (detached, but the resizing works)
- start the session with the window attached

Is there a bug ? A lack of config option ?

I could see something like this, for the x2go.server file:

rootless=false
embedded=true

Heinz, any suggestion ? :)

Regards,