[X2go-dev] load balancing/LDAP

Neil W. Hunt nwhunt at vsticorp.com
Sat Jul 24 21:15:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

it appears from the documentation that the only method of using load balancing is to use the x2goldaptools. Is this accurate? We use Likewise to authenticate against our Active Directory for our NX server, but were looking at x2go to replace FreeNX in order to use x2go's load balancing. Some other questions:

I am assuming that you haven't tested the x2goldaptools against active directory, but is there any way you could elaborate a bit more on exactly what the x2goldaptools do? Does it use your existing ldap server users and groups to authenticate? If so, does it need to have a group "x2gousers" with corresponding users in order for the users to be authenticated?

Does x2go, once the x2goldaptools are installed, immediately stop looking at any one server's users?

If Active Dir supports ldap querying through ldap:// URLs, do you expect this would work like any other LDAP server?

Are there any other ways to support load balancing without the x2goldaptools?

Thanks,
Neil