[X2go-dev] source code repository

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jul 19 00:29:52 CEST 2010

Hi Heinz, hi Alex,

On So 18 Jul 2010 19:18:43 CEST "Heinz-M. Graesing" wrote:

> As this was a response to Mike's mail:
>
> Am 18.07.2010 14:42, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>> possible focus could be:
>>
>>   1. support the next release as best as we can (testing, bug reports etc.)
>
> Most of the bugs are not part of our code but can be find inside the
> used projects (xming,...). This makes it a bit harder to fix all known
> bugs.

Ahhh... OK... I did not realize that...

> Another thing is the status of the mac port of x2goclient:
>
>  - we don't have mac hardware (anymore)
>  - we don't know how to embedd the window of
>    x2goagent inside the browserview (x2goplugin
>    vs. style guide of mac development)
>  - there is a big number of complaints about the
>    mac port because it is not using cocoa and
>    build on objective c

THIS MEANS: we have to get you some Mac hardware...

Don't you think this should be possible by asking some sponsors etc.

I would simply put that on the x2go homepage (as I remember from
another post it was stolen?). I would simply explain the situation in
your blog or similar and hope that someone will read it who has the
money to provide you with hardware.

Parallely, I will ask a friend of mine who is a Mac adept. Maybe he
has an idea...

>>   2. be happy once the release is out
>
> This should be worth a party :).

COOL!!!

>>   3. ONLY THEN: take our time to listen to each others ideas, find a
>> synthesis
>>     of them all and setup a working scenario that allows fluid
>> collaboration,
>>     coordinated by the core developers of X2go
>
> I think we needed this exchange of ideas to get a bit more to know about
> each other and the project.

Maybe you are right, thanks for giving your time to this exchange...

Best,

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de