[X2go-dev] X2go Python Client Library

Joerg Sawatzki joerg.sawatzki at web.de
Fri Jul 16 20:03:00 CEST 2010

Hey list,

the state of Lower Saxony, Germany is currently developing a portable
learning environment for schools - see http://www.n-stick.de .
Some schools with a good internet connection asked whether it is
possible to start and run applications on a remote terminal server
within this platform. Apart from that it might happen that the state
will run a terminal server cluster that provides a standard set of
educational applications ready to use through VPN/web.
These ideas and requirements made me have a deeper look at the internals
of x2go and I developed a python library that can be used to easily
build an x2go client - on win32 and linux.

At the moment it is only a code snippet, but it is already quite good
for demo purposes.

http://github.com/joerg86/pyx2go

Have a look at it and tell me what you think.

Questions, contributions and feedback are very welcome.

Jörg