[X2go-dev] source code repository

Joerg Sawatzki joerg.sawatzki at web.de
Fri Jul 16 15:27:52 CEST 2010

Hi.

Well, using VCS doesn't mean that you are giving away power/leadership
of the project. Using VCS means saving a lot of time and being a lot
more productive, even if you do not accept any contribution of anybody.
I agree with most of your points, but I didn't read any reason against
using VCS.
I'd love to work 1-2 hours per day on x2go, but NOT on source code that
is a couple of months or even years old and send tar.gz through e-mail
until the confusion is perfect and nobody knows who's talking about what
state/revision of the code. But it is all right if you don't want that
free gift.
And no, VCS is not just a way to download files that could also be put
in a .tar.gz - VCS is the one and only way to make structured open, fast
and reliable development possible. If you don't believe me, ask anybody
who has worked in a professional software project.

Anyway, this is my last mail on this subject - I have offered you my
support and you don't want it for reasons I don't know.
Please do not complain if an "x2go-ng" project appears on github in the
next few months - I need to help myself and my clients - and well, I
have asked you before.

Jörg