[X2go-dev] test version of baikal and some further informations

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Jul 16 15:09:36 CEST 2010

> <snip>

> the plugin itself is under development. It's a combination of x2goclient
> and and a dynamically linked library (.so / .dll), but what you see and
> can use is mainly the classic "x2goclient" as we know it. The library is
> needed to start x2goclient. We are discussing to use "qtbrowserplugin"
> instead, which would replace the library and will offer support for
> other browsers (like ie).
> You can have a look inside the code of the library here:
>
> http://x2go.obviously-nice.de/mozplug/
>
> To build an operational library, you'll have to download and use a
> mozilla firefox source tree.

<snip>
I think using qtbrowserplugin would be an excellent change.

May I also mention that the latest version of the plugin still has the
bug where some browsers do not display the login screen but simply the
place holder <--x2goplugin //-->.  We have not yet figured out why as we
get different results with the same version of Firefox on the same
version of Windows :(   - John