[X2go-dev] x2godesktopsharing

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 21:45:26 CEST 2010

On 07/14/2010 02:42 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Gerry,
>
> On Mi 14 Jul 2010 20:31:18 CEST Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> On 07/14/2010 02:10 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>> Hi Gerry,

>>> it has to be installed on the x2goserver. The client-side desktop
>>> sharing functionality is implemented in the x2goclient (see
>>> ,,session type'', in German ,,Sitzungsart'', in the session config).
>>>
>>> Greets,
>>> Mike
>>>

>> That's what I thought but then why the 'qt' dependency?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gerry
>
> Because it's an applet that docks to the systray ... You can find it
> in your programme menu under ,,Internet''.
>
> Greets,
> mike

Ok, I see it.  When I click on it I see this error message:
X2Go desktop sharing application is already active for this display
if this application is no longer running, remove
/tmp/x2godesktopsharing.lock_ubuntu@:50.0
and start again

I was expecting a screen allowing to stop and start desktop sharing.

And why not just tie into the Remote Desktop sharing security already
present instead of adding another applet?

Gerry