[X2go-dev] test version of baikal and some further informations

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 08:12:54 CEST 2010

On 07/14/2010 12:18 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 07/13/2010 10:58 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:

>>> More testing...
>>>
>>> Plugin settings in the server.x2go file do not reflect in the
>>> Settings screens in the plugin Toolbar.
>>> So you cannot investigate a setting without going back and finding
>>> the applicable server.x2go file.
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>>

>> Still more:
>>
>> When using Ubuntu Lucid on both client and server I cannot get
>> printing to work.  It was working fine under 3.01-5.   Is there some
>> other option needed with this new version?
>>
>>  And shared folders only mount if I open a terminal on the x2goserver
>> machine and issue 'modprobe fuse'.  Not something a non-technical
>> user would normally be able to do.
>>
>> Gerry
>
> I'm rescinding the print issue.  I rebooted both sides and now
> printing is working as well.  Still have to issue the 'modprobe fuse'
> though.
>
> Gerry

After terminating a session the log shows it as terminated, then about
20 secs later a pop up message appears saying the session lost network
connection accompanied by another log message saying invalid session.

After terminating the one and only session existing, the Reconnect
button is still active and unpredictable things happen when you click on
it.  Like ghost shared mounts on the desktop.  Sometimes it kicks back
with a lost network connection message.  And sometimes you get a new
session.

Gerry