[X2go-dev] test version of baikal and some further informations

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 04:58:53 CEST 2010

On 07/12/2010 11:47 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 07/11/2010 02:10 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:

>>> And also a fix please for the problem with the Wine menues and fonts
>>> being used for single application rootless apps whenever you
>>> establish a session to a user with Wine installed.
>>>
>>> Gerry
>>>

>> The plugin performs very well so far.  I only notice just a few things.
>>
>> When using the plugin today I notice that it puts the entire
>> 'command' on the x2go login screen.  Even command passwords are
>> displayed.  Would it be possible to restrict this to maybe just the
>> first word of the 'command'?
>>
>> And putting the mouse cursor over the title bar of detached single
>> app windows will many times kill the window resulting in a suspended
>> session.  Is it possible to prevent this?
>>
>> And would it be possible to add the Mac client to the plugin?
>>
>> Gerry
>>
> More testing...
>
> Plugin settings in the server.x2go file do not reflect in the Settings
> screens in the plugin Toolbar.
> So you cannot investigate a setting without going back and finding the
> applicable server.x2go file.
>
> Gerry

Still more:

When using Ubuntu Lucid on both client and server I cannot get printing
to work.  It was working fine under 3.01-5.   Is there some other option
needed with this new version?

  And shared folders only mount if I open a terminal on the x2goserver
machine and issue 'modprobe fuse'.  Not something a non-technical user
would normally be able to do.

Gerry