[X2go-dev] New plugin properties - was: Re: Account on wiki

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Jul 1 14:44:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 07:53 +0200, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:
> Hello Paul,
> Hello wiki users,
>
> I've set permissen to all registered users (they are all part of the
> list too) of the wiki so they can work on the sites now. I to have added
> the whole list of properties of the x2goplgin. The number has again
> changed since yesterday as there is now again a new version of the plugin.
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/x2goplugin
>
> The new properties:
>
> sound=true/false
> exportfs=true/false
> speed=adsl
> compression=16m-jpeg
> quality=9
> dpi=120
> kbdlayout=de
> kbdtype=pc105/de

<snip>
Thanks, Heinz.  I assume where you have not given true/false that you
have given the default values.  Is that true? Is there any reason to
avoid defaulting compression to 16m-png-jpeg? In our random testing,
that seemed to give much crisper and more responsive screens than
16m-jpeg but I don't know enough about the underlying technology to know
if that is a wise change.

Does the x2go plugin update automatically or do we need to force a
download of the new plugin on existing installations to get the newer
version? Thanks again - John