[X2go-dev] session timeout management / idle management / lost processes

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Jul 1 01:07:53 CEST 2010

Hi there,

On Do 01 Jul 2010 00:34:34 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> It seems like Mike is willing to take on a lot of this work himself and
> is just looking for information to help him do that work.  If that's the
> case, I have no problem being barraged and sharing whatever knowledge I
> have of the project. :-)  I know I have a pile of improvements and
> patches I'd like to submit but haven't because I haven't had the time to
> research the details of the code.  With a bit of guidance along the way,
> I'm sure I could make much faster progress as will Mike.  Thanks - John

I am indeed willing to do work and willing to contribute. And again, I
am pushing so much, because I have to do a primary Server Based
Computing / Thin Client Technology presentation approx. in September
this year. Originally, I wanted to use LTSP for that.

I am willing to contribute... However, I am not really willing to
reinvent the wheel (read and learn from code without background of
ideas).  Neither am I willing to patch code without having a basis for
acceptance and integration of patches into the trunk of x2go code.
Add-ons, changes, bugfixes need to be discussed adequately. I would
love cooking ideas and being delegated with work by Heinz and Alex and
whoever is in the core team.

When utilizing x2go in greater contexts, I personally need the
possibility to be able to get involved, that is to help to improve the
product (for the benefit of my customers and the community). If that
will be possible in the x2go project (I am talking about an increase
of community facilities like bugtracker, code repository etc.) x2go
will be _the_ choice for my concept (with very great enthusiasm).

Heinz and Alex are the only ones who can really comment on this, I
guess. If the project will rather stay a founder project
(,,Gründerprojekt'', a few people share their work once it is ready to
be shared, which is also fine), I will have to make my decision from a
different angle of view.

Meaning: guidance will be very welcome indeed!!!

Good night,

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de