[X2go-dev] Fwd: X2GO Black screen

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Jan 28 16:11:22 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 15:21 +0100, jasper van der marel wrote:
> Dear Heinz,
>
> We are trying to setup a X2Go server in a kerberos/ldap environment.
> I have mailed earlier we did have some problems with homedirs on a
> samba/cifs share. Now we are testing with local homedirs for the time
> being.
>
> When I log in as a local user (local homedir,not in ldap and no
> kerberos ticket) I get a GNOME desktop
> When I log in as a ldap user (local homedir,user in ldap and kerberos
> ticket) I get a black X2GO Window .
>
> It looks like X2GO will not forward X sessions to the client.
> Could you (or anybody else) please help me to get the environment working ?
<snip>
We are successfully using X2Go with LDAP (and remote home directories
but supplied via iSCSI rather than CIFS) but we are not using Kerberos.
Have you checked a local login (i.e., on the host) using ldap and
kerberos to rule out that the kerberos setup on the host is correct
without X2go in the mix? Good luck - John