[X2go-dev] Speed of X2go slower than of NXclient

cougarmaster voipster3 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:54:37 CET 2010

Paul Menzel <paulepanter at ...> writes:

> Dear Eric,
>
> Am Samstag, den 16.01.2010, 07:25 +0000 schrieb cougarmaster:
>
> […]
>
> > Ok to ask a proper question is that for login and working
> > in the remote desktop, nxclient seems to be much quicker and responsive than
> > x2go client in windows. Is there a reason or still need to wait for newer
> > versions?
>
> I have no clue why it would behave this way, but could you please give
> more details like what versions of both programs did you use, what MS
> Windows versions, maybe some timings (for example for login or
> responsiveness) so that others can compare that with their setup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> PS: Since you seem to be new to a mailing list, I recommend to read the
> netiquette [1], if you do not know it already. Welcome!
>
> [1] http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette

Hi Paul,
   The problem is that I find x2go whether it is local or internel takes a bit
more time for it to authenticate than nxclient which is more instantaneous. Also
another thing I see is that the bandwitdh consumption is quite high on x2go. The
windows doesnt matter whether it is windows 2000 or windows xp same results.
Also I am running the Ubuntu desktop on a debian XEN 3.2 server. I assigned 1GB
ram to the Ubuntu 9.10 domU. The pfsense firewall is also a domU on the same
server. Also a trixbox VoIP system domU with a pci 4 port telephony card. The
server hardware is :-

           Phenon II X4 925
           8GB RAM DDR II 800 Mhz
           500GB x 2
           4 GbE nics

   There is also a windows 2003 running there where rdp is running extremely
smooth with about 3 people accessing it at any one time. The bandwitdh on it is
always whether login in or using is below 200k. X2go or nxclient always spikes
up above 500-800K when just login in. When using it jumps up and down between
200k - 2Mbps. I get this also not only in windows also when the client is Ubuntu.