[X2go-dev] Speed

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Jan 16 17:11:05 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 07:25 +0000, cougarmaster wrote:
> Hi,
>   This seems better. Ok to ask a proper question is that for login and working
> in the remote desktop, nxclient seems to be much quicker and responsive than
> x2go client in windows. Is there a reason or still need to wait for newer
> versions?
Interesting.  Our initial testing is showing X2Go much faster than
NoMachine on Linux.  Older versions of X2Go on Windows proved to be
unusably slow for us.  I think this had more to do with Xming than X2Go.
That is why we moved away from X2Go until the release of 3.0.1-4.  That
appears to be performing satisfactorily although we are just starting
our Windows testing.  I assume the basic problem is the performance of
the X server on Windows.

Does anyone have experience on accelerating the X Server under Windows
or faster alternatives to XMing? Thanks - John