[X2go-dev] x2go in cameroon

Heinz-M. Graesing heinz-m at web.de
Sat Jan 16 11:55:39 CET 2010

Hello Michel,

> ich habe eine anfrage, ein schulzimmer mit 20 pc einzurichten.

Do you wan't to use a PXE boot environment, or do you wan't to store a minimal OS on local storage devices?

> x2go-home (also ubuntu machine) einzusetzen,

Please keep in mind, that we only test 9.10 and 9.04 with x2go-home (at the moment -> so we'll need to make a reliable plan for ubuntu, if it is still not maintained by ubuntu itself after the next release).

> 2x1         servers (im fall ein austeigt, haben wir trotzdem ein netz
> mit allen clients)

If you plan to use both severs at the same time, debian + x2go + ldapd + pxe boot + load balancing would be an attractive installation alternative. The load balancing feature is part of x2go.

> aber ich mache sonst netz mit 5 machinen, mit 10 clients habe ich keine
> erfharungen.

I really don't have any experience with low power machines as servers. We are developing on a 1,5 GHZ Centrino 2GB device and we can say, that memory is more needed than cpu power. Maybe it is really a good idea to ask Paul about his servers.

best regards,

Heinz