[X2go-dev] Reconnect to suspended session

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Fri Feb 5 20:57:56 CET 2010

 >>On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 08:53 +0100, olivier.arnaud at trialys.fr wrote:
 >> Hello,
 >>
 >> I was previously using Freenx and was able to:
 >>
 >> 1. automatically reconnect to a suspended session (maximum one
 >> concurrent session per user)
 >> 2. automatically disconnect a session from a terminal when
 >> reconnecting from a new one.
 >>
 >> and having recently installed x2go on Ubuntu 9.10 I don't get the same
 >> results ( a new session is created each time).
 >> Is there some configuration to do (some equivalent of node.conf)?
 >

 >We are testing on Hardy (Ubuntu 8.0.4) and are about to move to Lenny.
 >In our case, we find T no longer brings up the terminate or
 >disconnect dialog. However, the X2Go client has a suspend option that
 >is working fine for us. It just cannot be done from within the X2Go
 >session - a bit unfortunate when in full screen mode. If there is a way,
 >would someone kindly let us know. For now, we simply return to the X2Go
 >client on the physical desktop and click on Suspend - John

Hello John,
Hello Oliver,

with the command:

# x2gosuspend-session $X2GO_SESSION

(executed on the server inside your session) you can suspend your
session. It is also possible to use the packages "x2gognomebindings" and
"x2gokdebindings" (please don't forget to run updatelockbutton) to get
this function inside your session graphically.

best regards,

Heinz