[X2go-dev] x2goprint and user rights

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Feb 5 17:14:18 CET 2010

Ah, interesting.  That could be the problem for the file shares.
Exposing the physical desktop file system is working brilliantly well
for us (thanks, Heinz and Oleksandr) but we are accessing the home
directories via iSCSI.  Can one mount into a SAMBA share? If so, it
might be non-default behavior.

If one can't and neither iSCSI presented or local home directories are
not an option, I wonder if you can create a local storage area outside
of the home directories (a pain for both admins and users) and use it
strictly for sharing physical desktop files.  I'd imagine you would need
to hack the X2Go scripts to change the default mount point.  I don't
know if that has been exposed in the user interface or in x2go.conf.  I
think there is such a file which we have used in the past to configure a
remote database server.  I don't know what other options it takes - John