[X2go-dev] documentation fixes

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 00:51:28 CET 2010

Hi Paul,

2010/12/30 Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net>:

> thank you for your suggestions. It is great to see an author of the
> German Linux Magazin and LinuxUser actually sends in fixes. (Though I
> probably missed contributions of other authors, because I am not
> subscribed to certain lists.)

:-) thanks. Been playing with x2go for quite a while and met Heinz
several times, but just took the chance that came up during
reinstallation of one of our servers to finally switch from FreeNX to
x2go. :-)

>        apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
>
> This pool also includes `keyserver.ubuntu.com` [1] which seems to run an
> old version of the server (1.0.10) though.

Ah, thanks. Most keyservers mirror each other, so most of them should
work fairly well, I guess. I've just adapted an example from another
installation, and that had the Ubuntu keyserver. Shouldn't bring any
disadvantage, though, to use your proposal.

> This option is available since November 2005 (apt 0.6.43) and should be
> safe to use.

If so, then IMHO yes. Ubuntu 8.04 is the previous LTS version and it's
2,5 years after the change.

> Do you know if it is safe to assume that `/etc/apt/sources.list.d/`
> exists? It should be since 2006 (apt 0.6.43.3).

I'm not sure on this, I can only guess...

Florian