[X2go-dev] documentation fixes

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 30 12:02:13 CET 2010

Dear Florian,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.12.2010, 11:32 +0100 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> I would recommend some changes to the documentation:

thank you for your suggestions. It is great to see an author of the
German Linux Magazin and LinuxUser actually sends in fixes. (Though I
probably missed contributions of other authors, because I am not
subscribed to certain lists.)

[…]

> - For installing the package key on Ubuntu and probably Debian, the
> following command is easier than the one in the documentation:
> apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C509840B96F89133

        apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

This pool also includes `keyserver.ubuntu.com` [1] which seems to run an
old version of the server (1.0.10) though.

> - For adding the apt archive, I recommend using
> echo "deb http://x2go.obviously-nice.de/deb/ lenny main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/x2go.list
> instead of adding to sources.list directly.

This option is available since November 2005 (apt 0.6.43) and should be
safe to use.

        apt (0.6.43) unstable; urgency=medium

        […]

          * added support for "/etc/apt/sources.list.d" directory
            (closes: #66325)

        […]

         -- Michael Vogt <mvo at debian.org>  Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:17:07 +0100

Do you know if it is safe to assume that `/etc/apt/sources.list.d/`
exists? It should be since 2006 (apt 0.6.43.3).

        * debian/apt.dirs: create /etc/apt/sources.list.d

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://sks-keyservers.net/status/