[X2go-dev] x2goclient authentication error!

Paul Clark paul260 at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 20 09:28:36 CET 2010

Thanks for the help Gerry and John.

One authentication problem fixed, another on arisen!

I've tried to lockdown a "terminal / command line" ssh into the server with AllowUsers in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Apparently this approach works with NoMachine NX where by you allow the nx user - it hasn't worked for me as yet, I keep getting a public key authentication error. Anyway, I was wondering though whether this approach might work with x2go. Is there an "x2go" user that I can allow? I get this error message at the moment:

Wrong password!

Connection failed : Permission denied, please try again. Unable to connect: /Users/paulclark/.x2go/ssh/socaskpass-V69589 Permission denied, please try again. Unable to connect: /Users/paulclark/.x2go/ssh/socaskpass-V69589 Permission denied (publickey,password).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Paul

PS: With regard to the font problem, I finally got the kde desktop working along with gnome and xfce4. The 'fixed' font problem with kde appeared to be a dependency problem (I think). Anyway, it worked after this (but only with the -f option):

sudo aptitude install kdebase-workspace-bin -f.