[X2go-dev] x2goclient authentication error!

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Dec 18 20:11:45 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 18:20 +0800, Paul Clark wrote:
> Hi All,
>

>    hoping for some pointers here in getting x2go working.
>

> Two problems below - related or not?
>

> --------------------
>

> Problem 1) Mac OS X client won't connect to server:
>

> Dialogue error message is:
>

> ''Can't connect to X-Server
> Please check your settings".

<snip>
We haven't done a lot of work with the Mac clients but here are some
notes we made to ourselves a while back:

The X2Go Mac client uses the OSX X11 server.  The X11 server must be
configured to accept remote sessions in its preferences.  One must also
enable a root screen in X11 preferences if one wants truly full screen
view in X2Go.
To use print, local media sharing, and sound, one must also enable
Remote Login in the System Preferences.

> Problem 2) Linux client on server won't connect to localhost . Is this
> allowed? I attempted this to try to resolve problem 1!

<snip>

> Is it even possible to run the x2goclient on the server?
Nope ;)  That's the problem.  One cannot currently connect an x2goclient
to an x2goserver on the same system.
<snip>