[X2go-dev] x2go with likewise-open (ldap) questions

Ivan Boyadzhiev ivancho.b at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:47:52 CET 2010

Hi Neil,

2010/12/17 Neil W. Hunt <nwhunt at vsticorp.com>

> Ok, another update after 24 hours more of trial-and-error:
>
> I have tried many combinations and STILL no gnome desktop for Likewise
> users! I don't understand it, I have tried:
> -10.10 maverick with Likewise 6.0 and x2goserver-one 3.01-1
> -10.10 maverick with Likewise 5.3 and x2goserver-home 3.01-1
> -10.04 lucid with Likewise 5.4 and x2goserver 3.01-5
>
> Also, I have tried using unspecified domain and default domain (e.g. either
> "DOMAIN\username" or just "username" when using default domain), same result
> either way. Authentiction is successful, but no desktop!
>
> And every time, perfect success with local users (full GNOME desktop),
> blank/black screen with Likewise users, no matter what x2go client (Linux,
> Mac, Windows, 3.01-04 all the way through latest 3.01-14)
>
> Ivan, you are for certain using 10.10 maverick and LW 5.4 and x2goserver
> (not home/one) and you have never seen this black screen issue at all?
>
> I'm determined to get this working as I know we will have audio if we can
> get it!

I've finally managed to reproduce your problem :). I've just received black
screen, no sound just after my login. Test it, and it is happening every
time under specific circumstances. What are they?
I'm using:
- Ubuntu 10.10 x2goserver 3.01-5 and 3.01-1 as written above as server
- Likewise-open 6.0.0-1 (dpkg -l | grep likewise) as LDAP, joined with
default Domain
- Windows 7 with x2goclient 3.01-13 as client

As result when I login with:
* USERNAME at DOMAIN (although it is already defined as default in
Likewise-open), I face black screen, no sound, and the display at the title
is nowhere in the server side
* USERNAME, I can login successfully with sound, folder share, terminate,
etc...

Please, check at your end. I have never faced this problem with
Likewise-open 5, even when I had always to login with USERNAME at DOMAIN there,
as there doesn't have default domain join.

P.S. It is good side that I had experienced that, and that I can reproduce
it, as I could make future investigations of your problem.

Best Regards
Ivan