[X2go-dev] x2go with likewise-open (ldap) questions

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Dec 17 04:46:59 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 21:21 -0500, Neil W. Hunt wrote:
> Ok, another update after 24 hours more of trial-and-error:
>
> I have tried many combinations and STILL no gnome desktop for Likewise users! I don't understand it, I have tried:
> -10.10 maverick with Likewise 6.0 and x2goserver-one 3.01-1
> -10.10 maverick with Likewise 5.3 and x2goserver-home 3.01-1
> -10.04 lucid with Likewise 5.4 and x2goserver 3.01-5
>
> Also, I have tried using unspecified domain and default domain (e.g. either "DOMAIN\username" or just "username" when using default domain), same result either way. Authentiction is successful, but no desktop!
>
> And every time, perfect success with local users (full GNOME desktop), blank/black screen with Likewise users, no matter what x2go client (Linux, Mac, Windows, 3.01-04 all the way through latest 3.01-14)
>
> Ivan, you are for certain using 10.10 maverick and LW 5.4 and x2goserver (not home/one) and you have never seen this black screen issue at all?
>
> I'm determined to get this working as I know we will have audio if we can get it!
<snip>
Oh, wait a second . . . Ubuntu.  Does Ubuntu still use dash as the
default shell? If I recall correctly, there are some calls in the X2Go
scripts that work in bash but fail in dash.  If you change the symbolic
link /bin/sh to point to /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash, does it work?

I would also suggest to the devs to change the scripts to use
#!/bin/bash rather than #!/bin/sh as the scripts do invoke bash specific
statements - John