[X2go-dev] x2go plugin and proxy?

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Wed Dec 15 16:33:44 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 14:17 +0000, Robin Green wrote:
> I don't understand. x2goclient *already* uses ssh, and can be configured
> to forward all sound etc. over ssh as well.
>
> You need to forward ssh traffic through an ssh proxy? Why? That is
> inefficient - can't you just make the remote server visible on some port?

I am connecting from LAN hidden by an http proxy. I.e. it is not
possible to simply "ssh -p 443 x2goserver.com", but the connection must
be passed through a proxy at "some.local.proxy.address" at port 8080
(the proxy is without authentication).

Putty allows for proxy setup. I also checked the man page of ssh, it has
an option "ProxyCommand", which would probably be "connect
some.local.proxy.address 8080\n".

So the question probably is how to incorporate that ssh option into x2go
plugin.

Regards,
Milan
--