[X2go-dev] firefox plugin --verbose output?

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 20:28:58 CET 2010

On 12/14/2010 02:02 PM, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:
> Hello Clark,
>

> Am 14.12.2010 15:23, schrieb Clark Johnson:
>
>> Our efforts to use the Firefox plugin have not been successful.   Our
>> web-site installs the plugin but only displays a blank (white) box.
>>
> please make sure that the server.x2go file can be found and that it is
> readable to the apache user. This behaviour is often caused by wrong
> file permissions.
>
> We still are working on the new version of the plugin. In the new
> version the session information will be placed inside the html file.
> This way way it will be easier to generate "plugin containing" dynamic
> websites.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heinz

Heinz,
  Just my 2c here.  If you are referring to the properties file, I like
it just as it is.  And there is no problem generating dynamic properties
files.  It keeps the properties file at the server where it can be
dynamically generated, managed and deleted as necessary.  If you switch
this over to the client side then you have to account for possiblities
of people reloading the page and replaying the current session, etc, and
no way of controlling things from the server.  The only thing that I
found missing in the current setup was the ability to have the key also
placed into a variable as well as tacked onto the end of the properties
file.  This way if you needed to pull it out and use it in some other
script it was a little easier to parse it out.  And if this is not what
you meant then kindly ignore.

Regards,
Gerry