[X2go-dev] PyHoca-GUI (graphical Python X2go client) ready for testing, only for the braves...

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Dec 12 17:33:13 CET 2010

Hi there,

On Fr 10 Dez 2010 12:33:17 CET Mike Gabriel wrote:

> I have just packaged our (Dick Kniep and Mike Gabriel, supported by
> feedback and design items from Heinz and Alex) first draft of the
> graphical X2go client ,,Pyhoca-GUI''. The development currently is
> progressing very fast as it gets sponsored by Dick's company
> lindix.nl. Thanks a lot for that!!!
>
> You can download the package (and dependencies) for testing from
> here (please choose your distro and version):
>
> deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/debian squeeze main
> deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/debian sid main
> deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/ubuntu lucid main
> deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/ubuntu maverick main
>
> After adding one of the above lines, simply do:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install pyhoca-gui

Since this announcement post quite a few things have happened:

   o Brian Mullan made me aware of the GCONF backend of x2goclient_gtk. I only
     worked with the Qt x2goclient and was not aware of the GTK client using a
     different config backend (GCONF). Currently these GCONF session profiles
     are not seen by pyhoca-gui, only plaintext session profiles in
     ~/.x2goclient/sessions are seen.

     If you want to test pyhoca-gui, please install x2goclient (Qt version),
     create a session profile from there and then run pyhoca-gui.

     A gconf backend (as well as a Windows registry backend for the Windows
     version) is on the TODO list, but without a milestone yet.

   o On Friday night I added RDP-through-X2go-Proxy support into PyHoca-GUI.
     Thus, you can now also run as RDP configured sessions from PyHoca-GUI

   o For Ubuntu lucid (and maybe also Debian squeeze) there was a dependency
     problem with my backported python-gevent package. This has also
been fixed.

Greets,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de