[X2go-dev] PyHoca-GUI (graphical Python X2go client) ready for testing, only for the braves...

Eli K. elik85 at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 10 19:04:26 CET 2010

Hallo Gabriel!

--- Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> schrieb am Fr, 10.12.2010:

> Von: Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>
> Betreff: [X2go-dev] PyHoca-GUI (graphical Python X2go client) ready for
> Hi there,
>
> I have just packaged our (Dick Kniep and Mike Gabriel,
> supported by feedback and design items from Heinz and Alex)
> first draft of the graphical X2go client ,,Pyhoca-GUI''. The
> development currently is progressing very fast as it gets
> sponsored by Dick's company lindix.nl. Thanks a lot for
> that!!!

Thanks too! It was wise to spend money on better development!!!

> After adding one of the above lines, simply do:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install pyhoca-gui
>
> (PyHoca-GUI currently is mainly tested under Ubuntu
> lucid!!! No support for Debian lenny available though!!!)

It worked!!! Other than the old clients!!! Nobody needs Debian!

> Thus PyHoca-GUI should work out of the box for
> most setups / user profiles that have a working x2goclient
> configuration.

Please change it to gconf!!!

> PyHoca-GUI is only a small icon that docks into your
> systray (as the gnome applet for network manager does).

I would prefer a integration in existing clients so as remmina... or vinagre - still!

> Find this icon (the accelerated X from X2go in Ubuntu-like
> colors) and left-click on it. Then choose ,,Authenticate
> X2go Server'' and you should find your sesson profiles.

I thought this is a fork - why are yu using their icon?

My thoughts about:

*store your work on launchpad!
*use the native client feature of chrome to have a webclient without needed of programming a plugin (it is easy and will run even on android phones)
*authenticate user with web2.0 sites like passport, openID or fbook
*stop talking to the old dev team - look forward and try to become compatible to nx(4?) again - their server is much better.

But it looks so much better so! Go on!