[X2go-dev] git repository status, cloneurl?

Hedge Hog hedgehogshiatus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 02:57:36 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Mike Gabriel
<m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Do 02 Dez 2010 15:53:12 CET  wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Sorry if I'm bugging you with this...
>>
>> I'm interested in changing some code in x2go and of course commiting
>> those changes back. Because it would make things easier, I would like to
>> ask about the state of the official git repository? Is there a
>> 'git-clone'-able official tree somewhere I can base my changes on?
>>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> Alexander Wuerstlein.
>
> We are internally still discussing (and did other things meanwhile as well)
> about the file/package structure in GIT. Sorry, that this is taking so long.
> I picked up the topic with Heinz during a phone call last Monday and he
> proposed that I should suggest a sensible project tree for GIT and that my
> proposition will very probably be the GIT project structure.
>
> The basic idea is that there is not just a linear list of package
> directories but a more sorted project tree that allows working on the
> project code more intuitively.
>
> Heinz and I agreed that I will propose and tree structure and that I will
> communicate the delay to the list. From both I got distracted by other work
> topics throughout the whole last week. Sorry for that!
>
> I will see to GIT progress on Monday (tomorrow) and let you know about the
> development by next Friday.

I understand you are talking about the project tree layout.
Nonetheless the project's git workflow you have in mind may, or may
not, have an influence on how you arrange things.
Consequently this may be of interest:
code here:
https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

HTH

> Thanks for bugging me!!!
> Mike
>

> --
>
> DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
> mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
> fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419
>
> mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de
>
> freeBusy:
> https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

πόλλ' οἶδ ἀλώπηξ, ἀλλ' ἐχῖνος ἓν μέγα
[The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.]
  Archilochus, Greek poet (c. 680 BC – c. 645 BC)
http://wiki.hedgehogshiatus.com