[X2go-dev] Problem with charsets (folder mapping - windows to linux)

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Mon Apr 26 08:47:34 CEST 2010

Hello Alex,

Am 24.04.2010 20:37, schrieb Alex:
> I have one problem with folder mapping...
> The situation is that I want to use x2go in Russia. And the mapping folders from
> Windows to linux hampered difference charsets (cp1251 and UTF-8).
> So, how can I mount the Windows folder converting in UTF-8?

We don't have an russian version of Windows, so we can't implement or
test the keymap support.

> there is such a fuse-convmvfs, but I do not know how to implement it in a script
> to mount the folder.

If you find out, how to handle fuse to convert those keymaps, you can
edit /usr/bin/x2gomountdirs (which is the right place for x2go).
If you'll send this file back to us, we'll include it into the next release.

best regards,

Heinz