[X2go-dev] Custom paper size for cups-x2go.ppd

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Apr 14 23:15:02 CEST 2010

Hello, all.  We have a client who needs to use the x2go printing system
to print to plotters for construction drawings.  They need to be able to
specify custom paper sizes.  For example, I am on site right now and
they need to print 30" x 36" drawings.  What would be involved in
editing the cups-x2go.ppd file so that they can specify a custom paper
size?

We had hoped to offload that job to the local print driver but, when we
tried to do this with the cups-x2go printer, it sent an A4 sized image
and printed it on 30" x 36" paper.  Thus it seems essential for the
cups-x2go driver to send the custom sized document in the first place.
Thanks - John