[X2go-dev] SSH and Performance

Erik Auerswald auerswald at fg-networking.de
Tue Apr 13 15:11:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 02:43:08PM +0200, Michael Hierweck wrote:
> On our thin clients (both legacy Intel Pentium-III 1 GHz and modern
> Intel Atom 330) it appears a lot of CPU power is consumed by ssh.

You can try different encryption algorithms, e.g. blowfish (quite secure
and quite fast) or arcfour (even faster but broken encryption). Don't use
triple DES, because it is really slow. See the "Ciphers" option of ssh.

> I would like to ask if someone else can confirm this and if the is a

I have experienced this with LTSP and VIA based thin clients (<400MHz CPU)
and would assume the same problems arise with X2go.

Erik
--
Dipl.-Inform. Erik Auerswald                http://www.fg-networking.de/
auerswald at fg-networking.de Tel: +49-631-4149988-0 Fax: +49-631-4149988-9

Gesellschaft für Fundamental Generic Networking mbH
Geschäftsführung: Volker Bauer, Jörg Mayer
Gerichtsstand: Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern - HRB: 3630