[X2go-dev] General question´s

Sauron99 at gmx.de Sauron99 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 30 10:42:05 CET 2009

Hi,

> Hmm, I know this problem. But I thought the bug was repaired. Are you
> using the latest version?  In the past I did this:
>
> vi /usr/bin/x2gostartagent
> Direct after "x2goagent" on line 171 I've added "-dpi 96".
> -------
> 171c171
> < LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$X2GO_LIB x2goagent  -$SESSION_TYPE -geometry
> ${X2GO_GEOMETRY} -name "X2GO-${SESSION_NAME}"  ${NX_AGENT}
> 2>${SESSION_DIR}/session.log &
> ---
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$X2GO_LIB x2goagent -dpi 96 -$SESSION_TYPE -geometry
> ${X2GO_GEOMETRY}  -name "X2GO-${SESSION_NAME}"  ${NX_AGENT}
> 2>${SESSION_DIR}/session.log &
> 184c184
> --------

Yes of course Im always up to date with my Debian :). I could fix the Problem with your solution. Hopefully it´s been done in the next release.

> I have experiences with older versions of Nomachine NXlcient with FreeNX
> what also uses NX, and my experience is that bigger moving things like
> films will not be nice shown. But maybe NX has become better on this > point.

Maybe it will be better in the future or is it sure? Where do I find the NX version X2GO is using? Will there be newer versions in the near future?

> Flash gives another problem (with older NX). Sometimes customers are
> calling me that everything is very slow in the session. Other sessions
> on the same server don't have that problem. This is always a flash
> problem. I ask them to close all browser windows and the problem is
> gone. They had a site with some flash open.
>
> Another point about flash: I have heard that it uses much CPU on the
> server. I have also heard that the (beta) 64-bit version is better then
> the 32-bit version on this point.

Hmh I hope that Flash and Java will work fine because it´s really necessary for Schools to watch video´s and Java Animations´s online.

But first I have to get sound working. I have tried it yesterday with the GTK X2goclient but Gnome won´t play any sound at all. It just says that there is no Audio device in my machine and that´s it. Do I have to install pulseaudio or any other Packages manually?

Greetings