[X2go-dev] meeting at #x2go on IRC OFTC about Debian packaging (was: Re: Presentation.)

Joost van Baal joostvb-x2go at mdcc.cx
Thu Oct 8 12:00:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

[Please CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed to x2go-dev.]

Op Thu  8 Oct 2009 om 09:28:31 +0200 schreef Xavier Oswald:
> On 09:01 Thu 08 Oct     , Joost van Baal wrote:

> > > It would be great getting the X2go clients into Debian. I did also talk
> > > with Joost van Baal (a DD here in Holland) to realize the same, but I
> > > don't know if he already looked at X2go, and I will tell him you are
> > > working on it.
> > >
> > > Getting the server packages into Debian will be a problem because of the
> > >  NX library dependency. Take a look at the pkg-nx mailinglist:
> > > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/
> > >
> > > In short: the NX libraries contains duplicated software like SSH, Xorg,
> > > Samba and Cups under a GPL license.
> > > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/000171.html
> > > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/000185.html
> > >
> > > But getting the clients into Debian would be a great first step. QTNX is
> > > already in Debian at the moment, an NX client for e.g. FreeNX.
> >
> > Perhaps we could have a conversation via IRC?  Paul: do you use IRC?  I'm
> > online the next 9 hours.  (Till about 18.00 Netherlands time).
>
> Maybe we could organize such a thing 1 week before have the meeting so we can
> have as much as possible people attending this meeting.
>
> I don't have free time till monday so if you can propose one or two date + hour
> it would be great.

I've created a doodle thingie.  No need to create an account to use it.  Go to
http://doodle.com/kmvp4nga5g4rxtad if you're interested in joining the IRC
conversation (on #x2go on irc.oftc.net), and indicate at which time(s) you're
available.

Thanks, Bye,

Joost

--