[X2go-dev] Presentation.

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:28:31 CEST 2009

On 09:01 Thu 08 Oct     , Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [dropping public list from recipients, please don't publish my phone number.]
>
> Op Thu  8 Oct 2009 om 08:45:10 +0200 schreef Paul van der Vlis:
> > Xavier Oswald schreef:
> > >
> > > Since Im new here, I will at first present myself.
> > >
> > > My name is Xavier Oswald, Im a debian developer living in Strasbourg - France,
> > > and I will help getting x2go in debian.
> > >
> > > I met Heinz last weekend during a debian-edu meeting and we get out what need to
> > > be done to be able to have x2go to debian, starting by the command line client
> > > and then going step by step with the others x2go tools.
> > >
> > > Feel free to ask me to have a look if you think an x2go module is ready or
> > > anything you want to know for having a good upstream - debian package match.
> >
> > It would be great getting the X2go clients into Debian. I did also talk
> > with Joost van Baal (a DD here in Holland) to realize the same, but I
> > don't know if he already looked at X2go, and I will tell him you are
> > working on it.
> >
> > Getting the server packages into Debian will be a problem because of the
> >  NX library dependency. Take a look at the pkg-nx mailinglist:
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/
> >
> > In short: the NX libraries contains duplicated software like SSH, Xorg,
> > Samba and Cups under a GPL license.
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/000171.html
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/000185.html
> >
> > But getting the clients into Debian would be a great first step. QTNX is
> > already in Debian at the moment, an NX client for e.g. FreeNX.
>
> Perhaps we could have a conversation via IRC?  Paul: do you use IRC?  I'm
> online the next 9 hours.  (Till about 18.00 Netherlands time).

Maybe we could organize such a thing 1 week before have the meeting so we can
have as much as possible people attending this meeting.

I don't have free time till monday so if you can propose one or two date + hour
it would be great.

Greetings,
--
 ,''`.| ====== Xavier Oswald  ====== | mail: xoswald at debian.org         |