[X2go-dev] Website, manual, extra mailinglist

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Oct 7 09:58:41 CEST 2009

Hello,

I see that the website is renewed: http://www.x2go.org/
Great!
and that there is a new manual:
http://www.x2go.org/fileadmin/doc/en.installation.x2go.pdf
Great!

I also see a new mailinglist:
I am not so sure it is a good idea to have a second mailinglist for
"usage", because I see in other projects that developpers don't read a
"usage" list, and they are experienced users. In many "usage"-lists I
see only people asking for support, and no answers...
I think the best would be at the moment to have only one mailinglist,
but maybe it would be better when the name would be changed in something
like "x2go", and not "x2go-dev".

Communcation here in de mailinglist could be much better, why did nobody
tell about all of this here on the list? And about the new versions of
the software?

For some time I found out about the great service of "gmane":
http://gmane.org/
If you subscribe a mailinglist there, it can also be searched, read as
news, via a webinterface, or headers as RSS feed.
You can also post via news or a webinterface http://gmane.org/post.php

I think we should add the mailinglist to gmane, then people can access
the list the way they like. Any problems with that?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.