[X2go-dev] x2go & Kerberos

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 12:40:51 CET 2009

Hey there,
I'm having troubles with running x2go on ldap/kerberos-enabled Ubuntu
machines.

If I try to login via x2go to an account that's in the server's local
/etc/passwd, everything works as expected.

But if I try to login via x2go to an account that's not in the server's
passwd, but in ldap/kerberos, the x2go white login dialog disappears,
but nothing else happens. Running x2go from a terminal, I get this output:

http://debian.pastebin.com/m20ae8e2d
The last message is repeated indefinitely.

With the same kerberiz'ed account I can locally login on the server
machine just fine.

Pam is configured as follows:

common-account: http://debian.pastebin.com/f2780c0cc
common-auth: http://debian.pastebin.com/f1a8f599c
common-password: http://debian.pastebin.com/f7db1cc29
common-session: http://debian.pastebin.com/f4acfcf5e

Using X2Go Client gtk-3.01-8 on Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Robert