[X2go-dev] Testing X2go3

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed May 27 13:25:32 CEST 2009

Paul van der Vlis schreef:
> Brian Moss schreef:
>> Paul did you sort out your problems with resolution?
>>
>> I tested connecting, not to local host but to an Amazon EC2 instance, and
>> the text was the same size regardless of the resolution. I tested with
>> 600x800, 1280x1024 and fullscreen with the Qt client.
>
> Using a resolution of 1280x1024 or full-screen works fine. The 1280x1024
> resolution ends "maximized".
>
> So I can start the client full-screen or maximized, but not smaller.
> When I start it smaller the quality of the fonts is not OK (too big or
> too small fonts). With both QT and GTK client.

It seems to be an NX problem, and maybe it has to do with the fact that
I have a resolution of 1680x1050 setting in Gnome.

When I run "xlsfonts | wc -l" on my machine directly and inside an
x2go-session, I get less fonts inside the session.

I found some information at the Nomachine site about this issue:
http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR07F02091
http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR04C00198

Newer FreeNX versions have the same problem.

Tomorrow I installed the latest version of FreeNX server on my machine.
It lookslike it is no problem to run FreeNX and X2go on the same machine.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/