[X2go-dev] keyboard not working quite right in gtk client...

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed May 27 08:52:32 CEST 2009

Douglas M. Stanley schreef:
> Hello list, I appologize ahead of time if this has already been brought up, but
> I couldn't find anything about this yet.
>
> I recently set up x2go in a xen guest, and when I try to connect to it with the
> gtk client, the keyboard isn't right. Everything seems to work, except the arrow
> keys. If I turn numlock on/off, then the arrows on the keypad seem to work, but
> not the normal arrow keys. I've tried everything I can think of to set the keyboard
> both on the client and on the actual host. Everything is set to 105key qwerty US,
> but the arrow keys still don't work.
>
> The maemo client using the directional pad seemed to work fine simulating the arrow
> keys, so I'm not sure if it would work with the QT client or not as I haven't tried
> that client yet.
>
> Anyone else run into this issue yet? It may very well be due to the machine running
> under xen, so I'm not sure if anyone else is doing something similar or not.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I don't have this problem with X2go, but I had it in the past in FreeNX.
(I am running FreeNX for many years on many machines with Debian Sarge
and Etch).

In FreeNX you can tell what to do when you want to start KDE or Gnome,
in my case Gnome. I configured it so that not Gnome was starting
directly, but a script, what started Gnome. In that script I did put
things like this:
----------
umask 0002   (setting the umask)
export TESTVAR=test21   (setting environment)
. ~/.gnomerc  (running scripts)
/usr/bin/X11/setxkbmap -rules xfree86 -model pc104 -layout us -option ""
/usr/bin/gnome-session  (start gnome)

The setxkbmap option helped against the keyboard problems. Maybe this
can help you in finding the problem.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--